How RSMeans Integration helps HeavyBid Customers
Integrating RSMeans database into HeavyBid brings RSMeans data to the most powerful estimating tool in construction. This means no manual entry of data or searching online through pages. HeavyBid and RSMeans together let you quickly develop a detailed cost estimate by simply selecting items of work from an easy-to-navigate structure that’s built into HeavyBid.
By adding RSMeans access to HeavyBid, you get:
- Up-to-date cost breakdowns on thousands of unit cost items and assemblies.
Expand your bidding potential with building component data on more than 23,000 unit cost items.
- Guides for specialty items.
Estimate what it costs to self-perform specialty items you’ve never estimated before or would normally subcontract.
- Location-specific cost factors.
RSMeans boasts city cost indexes for almost a thousand cities in the United States and Canada.
A few ways RSMeans data can help HeavyBid customers:
- Easily build change order estimates for owners who require RSMeans cost data to control change order pricing. (HeavyBid allows for the quick assembly of these estimates, and RSMeans provides the cost and crew data.)
- Quickly build an estimate for types of work that are outside your area of expertise.
- Build better estimates for work that is outside your geographic area, when the estimator needs a cost estimate with local labor rates.
- RSMeans allows a new HeavyBid customer to quickly create a standardized database that can easily be customized. HeavyBid can come powered with setup data so you can start estimating today!
- Engineering companies and owners who don’t have their own labor, equipment, and material cost history can produce quick and accurate cost or budget estimates.