I Build America is a movement started by HCSS with the following goals:
- Build pride in the value of construction for those already in the industry;
- Create public awareness of the value of construction to our modern way of life;
- Show construction as a great career and get more young people into it.
Most people think of construction as placing rebar, pouring concrete, and causing traffic jams because that is what they see every day. They don’t think about how important construction is to get their water, electricity, TV, cell phone access, homes, etc. For people who want a meaningful career that helps people, construction is way up there. For people who like any combination of working outdoors, working with their hands, and accomplishing projects that they can proudly say they were a part of, construction is a great career choice. Help us deliver this message.
How can you help?
- Go to www.ibuildamerica.com and purchase items from the store to wear or distribute. We have shirts, hats, stickers, and children’s books. Wear your IBA clothing with pride, and when people ask you what it means, tell them how YOU build America and why that is valuable.
- Give away clothing and stickers to employees. Circulate videos. Give children’s books to promote the value of construction to children. Promote us on social media.
- Get your company to be a founding member of I Build America for $1,000 to help develop more material and reach millions of Americans. HCSS continues to fund most of the development of all of the materials that you see on the website and we need to get more companies involved. Click here to see the list of the current Founding Members.
- Make a personal donation on the I Build America site if you believe in our cause. Every little bit helps.