A total of five scholarships to be awarded to interns in the construction industry
SUGAR LAND, TX, August 10, 2015 – Construction estimating software developer HCSS (www.hcss.com) has launched their Construction Intern Awards, in which they will be awarding a total of $22,000 in college scholarships to students in construction-related fields. The top winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship, and four additional finalists will each get a $3,000 scholarship, along with the chance to win other prizes.
Eligible internships include any construction internships of at least two months in length that occurred during the 2014-2015 school year or Summer 2015. Entrants must have been enrolled in a college, university, or trade school for the 2014-2015 school year. To enter, students simply need to visit www.constructioninternawards.com to register and fill out a brief questionnaire with a summary of their work. Entries will be voted on by an expert panel that includes:
- Pete Ruane, CEO of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA)
- Steve Sandherr, CEO of The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- Carl Heinlein, Safety Consultant with ACIG
- Rick Schwer, VP/Publisher of SGC Group
- Janice Tuchman, Editor in Chief of ENR Magazine
- Stuart Binstock, CEO of the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Michael Holland, President of the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE)
- Lori Brown, President of the Associated Schools of Construction (ASC)
- Bill Hillman, CEO of the National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA)
- Marcia Gruver Doyle, Editorial Director, Randall-Reilly
In addition to scholarship awards, HCSS will be giving away several smaller prizes throughout the contest.