Guilty as Charged
Last year HCSS implemented a new accounting system. As a software company that has professional implementation services, you’d think we would prioritize purchasing the correct amount of help needed to get up-and-running without batting an eye. So did we? No. We are guilty as charged!
The lack of planning created, as you would expect, some pretty bad results. The rollout took much longer than expected. We were surprised by so many interrelated details that we hadn’t thought out. People were frustrated it delayed us more than an year.
As a technology company, we fell into the trap of overlooking the training and change management necessary for rolling out a new software package. But overlooking these important details took away valuable opportunities:
- The chance to get multiple departments to focus on efficiency and improvements in cross-departmental work.
- Employees could see how other departments are impacted by their work.
- Leaders would have had an opportunity to cast a vision and work with others collaboratively to implement it.
- Emerging leaders in your company would have a chance to drive valuable change.
- Getting a fresh look at your processes through the lens of a 3rd party software company who sees similar practices in other businesses like yours and can help you drive best practices.
What did we do when we realized that we had made this mistake? Worked with an implementor and did it the right way. If we can ever help you do that with HCSS software, please call us.
In short, working with a professional implementor has not only given us the training we needed on the software, but also given us the chance to positively change our company.